Union Road Mission Policy has been designed to ensure that the Great Commission is carried out by establishing a clear sense of direction, maintaining momentum, and acts as a framework within which decisions can be made.
Purpose of the policy
The policy has been developed to:
- help achieve a clear sense of direction
- build confidence and cohesion in the total church ministry
- promote thoughtful evaluation of issues and avoid making haphazard or emotional decisions
- prevent confusion, inconsistency, misunderstanding, and hurt feelings
- Ensure better stewardship of human and financial resources
- Ensure accountability in the missions programme
- inform Church members, missionaries, and agencies of the principles by which the Mission Committee operates
- help new Mission Committee members quickly familiarize themselves with the purpose, direction and operation of the missions programme at Union Road
- help maintain consistency as Mission Committee members change
- define the relationship of Union Road Church to both the missionary and the missions agency.
To read our mission policy, click here.