A Way To The Manger
Way to the Manger
Saturday 12 December 11am-4pm
Christmas Is Not Cancelled
Union Road Presbyterian Church normally have a community event at the Church on the same evening that the Christmas lights are switched on in Magherafelt.
Unfortunately due to Covid this year’s Church event, along with the light switch on, has had to be cancelled.
Disappointing for the whole Magherafelt community.
We appreciate that the whole community has been affected by Covid, and the town centre remains quiet and lifeless in the run up to Christmas.
So we have come up with an Event which we hope will give families something to do together that’s a little bit different, and that will also bring a little life back into our of town centre.
‘A Way to the Manger,’ will be held on Saturday 12th December 11am – 4pm.
The Journey begins at Union Road Presbyterian Church on Union Road, Magherafelt where we would love you to follow the trail around the town in the safety of your family bubbles.
- As you follow the map we want you to count the sheep that have escaped.
- The sheep have made their way into shop windows along the route (some of the shop windows maybe hiding more than one).
- Keep a note and help our shepherds by filling in your totals along the way.
- The second thing you just find are people, ‘live in action’, nativity characters from the Christmas story.
- There are 5 to find around the town. Once you find them, each will give you two words to be collected. These words will not necessarily be in the right order but will help to form the final passcode.
- Having completed your sheet and your journey, leave it in the post box at the manger scene at Union Road Presbyterian Church.
There are a quite a number of prizes sponsored by the local businesses…. so you never know what prize may be forth coming.
We really want you to take part. Please download and print the sheets and fill them in on Saturday.